16 October 2012, Singapore – All fan boys of Lytro, raise your hands up in the air. The famed consumer light field camera is now available in Singapore.
First hand experience with the camera was pretty confusing and with the new added manual controls, operating the camera can be a daunting task for a first time user. Composing your picture with the tiny touch screen takes a little more effort than you expect. People with fat fingers, you’ve been duly warned.
“Manual controls give Lytro photographers the opportunity to take control of the exposure in a scene,” said Eric Cheng, Lytro’s director of photography. “We introduced these features as a result of feedback from our most creative camera owners, who are capturing things like subjects in motion or experimenting with artistic styles like light painting. With manual controls, they now have more flexibility as they push the boundaries of the light field.”
The new controls are:
- Shutter Speed – By manually controlling the shutter speed, Lytro photographers can keep the shutter open longer to capture living pictures in dark conditions. The maximum shutter speed is 8 seconds and the minimum is 1/250 second.
- ISO Sensitivity – Controlling ISO gives Lytro photographers more ways to take creative living pictures in a variety of lighting conditions, from low-light concerts and restaurants to brightly lit soccer fields and amusement parks. The ISO range is 80 (min) to 3200 (max).
- Neutral Density (ND) Filter – When in full manual mode, Lytro photographers can turn on the ND Filter to adjust the amount of light captured in extremely bright settings.
- Auto Exposure (AE) Lock – Lytro photographers can lock the auto exposure while changing the composition of a picture in a scene.
Pricing and Availability:
Lytro camera will be available in retail stores in Singapore. The recommended retail price is S$648 for 8GB and S$778 for 16GB. Available colors are Red Hot (16GB), Electric Blue (8GB) and Graphite (8GB).
- Challenger Store (Funan)
- EpiCentre (313@Somerset)
- Parisilk Electronics & Computers (Holland Village)
- South Asia Computer (Funan)
- SONG Brothers (Sim Lim Square)
- Sprint-Cass Duty-Free Shops (Singapore Changi Airport, Terminal 2 & 3)