The Roof Top, a multi-label lifestyle and fashion store inspired by retro Singapore, has opened in City Square Mall at Serangoon Road. The Roof Top provides a shopping experience that harks back to the good ol’ days. The expansive 7,800 square feet space is a juxtaposition of the old and new, and its Chinese name, 益街坊 (Yik Gai Fong), reflects its concept.
The Yik Gai Fong essence represents strong neighbourly ties in a time when good cheer was all around, and neighbours commonly shared their possessions with each other. With this spirit in mind, The Roof Top aims to bring this optimism back to the public by offering products at attractive prices, alongside the nostalgic atmosphere it provides.
“The Roof Top was inspired and created uniquely for City Square Mall, the former site of the New World Amusement Park,” said Jayne Koh, Executive Director of The Roof Top. “We want to introduce and cultivate the fun and communal spirit back then in the 1960s, where life was simple, yet people were happy and contented.”
The Roof Top is located on the top floor of the mall, with high ceiling and a décor featuring facades of traditional shophouses. The open concept is reminiscent of a festive market of yesteryears, with something for everyone. With a monthly refresh of items to ensure that there is something always new for the regular visitor, from fashion to knick knacks. As The Roof Top is a homegrown concept, spaces are available for rent to owners of local brands or products. There are also plans to set up an F&B outlet offering old school desserts and pastries in The Roof Top in the near future.
Things to look out for!
- Ma Ma Titbits cart – Old-school titbits that everyone would identify with, including popular ones such as White Rabbit milk candy and Fancy Gem biscuits.
- The Pasar – Filled with value-for-money merchandise, The Pasar is a haven for savvy shoppers.
- GALA – Offering power dressing for the modern executive, GALA’s line of office wear is both feminine and classy.
- Omayo – A line specially tailored for the young ones, Omayo’s variety of contemporary children’s wear is for the stylist tots with equally stylish moms.
- rarebits – An accessories-only label, rarebits has got everything to complete your outfit with, from necklaces to hats and earrings. The label also carries homeware.
- trt – trt is a line of ladies wear that is both chic and casual. The looks are fun and edgy, ranging from studded tees to colourful cigarette pants.
The Roof Top is located at 180 Kitchener Road, City Square Mall, #04-33/34/35/36, Singapore 208539.
Tel: 6636 7898
You may also like
THE GRAND FINALE: ROLLS-ROYCE BLACK BADGE WRAITH BLACK ARROW COLLECTION
THE CLAN HOTEL TURNS TWO: DOUBLE THE CELEBRATION PACKAGE
FITNESS MOVEMENT SINGAPORE NATIONALS 2023: CELEBRATING A DECADE OF PHYSIQUE SPORTS EXCELLENCE
SWISS PERFORMANCE BRAND ON LAUNCHES FIRST POP-UP STORE AT THE HEART OF ORCHARD ROAD
ONE KAMPONG GELAM PRESENTS RAIKAN CAHAYA RAMADAN: A THIRTY-THREE-DAY CELEBRATION OF LIGHTS AND COMMUNITY