[GIVEAWAY] Win a Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac by following the below steps!
1) Share the post that is on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Metropolitant
2) Like the page
Thats it? Yes! It’s that simple!
*Do make sure that you share it as a [Public] post so we know you’ve share the post!
Parallels launched Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac, which lets customers run Windows and Mac applications simultaneously on a Mac without rebooting. As a Parallels user, transferring files between the 2 OS is a breeze, all you need to do is to drag and drap or a simple Command Tab to switch the windows. The other option of BOOTCAMP gives me a headache each time I need to share files between the 2 OS or simply to boot up in Windows to play some games.
Parallels Desktop 9 new features include cloud storage optimizations for iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive. Customers will also enjoy increased productivity with Mac OS X features like Launchpad in Windows applications and using the upcoming OS X Mavericks. For Windows 8 users, Parallels Desktop 9 incorporates the familiar and much-missed real Start menu and Windows Start button.
CurrentParallels Desktop users can upgrade to Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac at www.parallels.com/desktop. For new customers, Parallels Desktop 9 will be available for purchase at retail and online stores and via the Parallels website.
“Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac customers will enjoy peace of mind knowing that Parallels keeps pace with and supports leading new technologies, such as the upcoming OS X Mavericks, Windows 8.1 and increasingly popular cloud services,” said Parallels CEO Birger Steen. “We thank our customers for appreciating our innovations and making Parallels Desktop for Mac the No. 1-selling software for running Windows on a Mac for seven years and counting.”
Everyone from business owners, to web developers, IT professionals, Mac enthusiasts, parents and students will benefit from indispensable conveniences of Parallels Desktop 9, such as improved performance, MacBook Power Nap functionality in Windows and Windows applications, connecting Thunderbolt and Firewire storage devices to a Windows virtual machine, improved security features, and increased flexibility for users with multiple monitors. Parallels Desktop 9 also enhances its support of Mac gestures inside Windows applications and offers Linux users enhanced integration with the Mac OS.
Top Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Features
• Support for cloud services: Sync iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive etc., with your Mac and your Windows virtual machine without unnecessary duplication of files locally
• Enhanced Windows 8 and 8.1 support: Parallels Desktop brings back the real Start menu and lets customers use Metro apps in a window instead of full screen
• Security Center: Easily access and install complimentary security software subscriptions to keep the Mac and Windows virtual machines safe from viruses and malware, all from one location
• Enhanced new Virtual Machine Wizard: It is easier than ever to set up a new virtual machine, especially on computers that don’t have DVD drives
• Power Nap support: On a Retina MacBook Pro or a MacBook Air, the Power Nap feature now extends to Windows and Windows apps, so virtual machines and all Windows applications are always up-to-date
• Mac gestures inside Windows apps: Parallels Desktop now includes the addition of the Dictionary lookup gesture in Windows applications
• Thunderbolt and Firewire storage device support: For convenience of everyday use, customers can connect those devices directly to a Windows virtual machine
• PDF printer for Windows: Lets people print from any Windows application to a PDF on the Mac desktop, even if the application doesn’t have that functionality
• Sticky multi-monitor setup: When using Windows in Full Screen mode and connecting to an external monitor, Parallels Desktop will remember settings and put the Windows virtual machine back in full screen mode on the remote monitor
• Custom keyboard: Editable keyboard shortcuts help customize the Windows experience
• Linux guest integration: Parallels Desktop customers who use Linux now have additional and enhanced integration with the Mac OS
Availability and Pricing
Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is available beginning Aug. 29, 2013, as an upgrade for current Parallels Desktop for Mac users. The full version will be available to new customers on www.parallels.com/desktop starting Sept. 5, 2013. Packaged software will also be available starting Sept. 5 in Singapore from Challenger, Courts, EpiCentre, Harvey Norman, Infinite, iStudio, Multimedia Integrated and Nubox.