To celebrate Singapore’s SG50 this year, UNIQLO has curated over 50 stories from local artists, personalities and businesses entitled “UNIQLO Street Tales”. Featuring contributions from MediaCorp artistes Rebecca Lim and Desmond Tan; well-known industry personalities Daniel Boey, Willin Low, Willy Foo and Clarence Lee; homegrown companies Awfully Chocolate, BreadTalk, Jumbo Seafood, Tiger Balm, as well as many others, these stories weave a colourful tapestry that captures the essence of being Singaporean.
Take a “walk” down memory lane with these stories digitally mapped across the city, and navigate through the places where they were inspired. The T-shirts features unique Singaporean humour, slang, imagery and nostalgia, and these would certainly strike a chord among local Singaporeans. UNIQLO will also donate all net proceeds from the sale of UTme! T-shirts between 4 Jul and 10 Aug 2015 to Community Chest. The funds raised will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Government under the Care & Share Movement, led by Community Chest. To view all 50 lovely T-shirt designs, you can visit their website at www.uniqlostreettales.com.sg.
Shoppers can even bring the stories to “life” by printing them on a T-shirt via the new UTme! custom T-shirt service available on Google Play and iTunes for free. From 4th July 15, express your creativity by painting, taking a photo, or typing some text, then apply any of the available visual effects to create a one-of-a-kind. It could be a personalised gift for friends and family or just a personalised T-shirt for yourself!
1. Search for UTme! on iTunes or Google Play, and download it for free.
2. Launch the app and select a design method:
– Paint | Draw using paint tools
– Typography | Type your own message
– Photo | Take or use an existing photo
3. Select a visual effect:
– Splash | Scatters the ink
– Glitch | Splits and fragments the image
– Mosaic | Converts the image to mosaic patterns
4. Finalise your T-shirt design by saving it in your phone or tablet. You may even share it with your friends!
5. Proceed to the UTme! counter to submit your design for instant printing and obtain a receipt to make payment at the cashier. After 10 minutes, collect your personalised T-shirt at the UTme! counter.
Visit www.uniqlo.com.sg for various store locations in Singapore to obtain your personalised T-Shirt or any SG50 designs to commemorate Singapore’s Jubilee Year!