OPPO Singapore launched the latest Reno series handset – the OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G. Known as the “AI Portrait Video Expert”, Reno6 Pro 5G supports next-level portrait video experience with industry-leading features such as the newly-introduced Bokeh Flare Portrait Video to provide cinematic bokeh flare effects in portraits, and the upgraded AI Highlight Video, enabling users to record every precious moment in the form of professional-looking portrait videos. The Reno6 Pro 5G comes with its classic Reno Glow design, flagship-level 5G performance empowered by a powerful MediaTek Dimensity 1200, and the expert design of ColorOS 11.3 to support an incredible overall performance for Reno users around the world.
Equipped with Leading AI Capabilities to Provide Superior Portrait Video Experience
Recording videos has become the modern-day equivalent of keeping a diary for global smartphone users. The OPPO Reno series currently serves more than 70 million users across the world each month, who on average, capture over 2 billion photos and over 200 million memories through videos. Reno6 Pro 5G leverages leading AI algorithms to provide an unprecedented portrait video experience and enable people to better record their precious memories.
Reno6 Pro 5G features a mighty AI 64MP quad-camera setup on the back of the device and a 32MP front camera. Additionally, it has a dedicated colour temperature sensor that captures colours more accurately. Based on this powerful hardware foundation, Reno6 Pro 5G has a series of AI-enhanced portrait video functions such as:
– Bokeh Flare Portrait Video provides a pioneering cinematic quality bokeh effect for smartphone videos. Powered by OPPO’s over-10-million portrait dataset and AI algorithms, Bokeh Flare Portrait Video delivers real-time video processing to capture portrait videos with bokeh light spots on the background, all while keeping the portrait subjects appearing natural and bright. Available on both the front and rear cameras, this dream-like bokeh lighting effect can be applied to portrait videos with just one click.
– AI Highlight Video can automatically detect ambient light and apply video optimisations accordingly. Be it shooting at night, or with strong backlight in the day, AI Highlight Video can help users capture clearer, brighter, and more vividly-coloured portrait videos. When shooting at night, AI Highlight Video can also effectively improve video clarity by up to 40.2% versus the previous-generation, Reno5 Pro.
– Focus Tracking is also introduced in Reno6 Pro 5G, enabling enhanced video auto-focusing by identifying and automatically tracking main subjects consistently and steadily.
For photography, Flash Snapshot in the Reno6 Pro 5G enables users to capture clear shots of moving subjects or take quick-capture photos, improving the hit rate for clear photos by over 28%. Apart from having perfectly shot photos, Reno6 Pro 5G also provides creative post-production tools like AI Palette, which can further enhance the images with one click.
Stunning Design Featuring the One-and-only OPPO Reno Glow
Reno6 Pro 5G is consistent with the Reno series’ slim design and comes in two dazzling new colours enabled by the OPPO-exclusive Reno Glow design: Aurora and Stellar Black.
OPPO Reno Glow gives the anti-glare glass back covers of Aurora and Stellar Black a subtle glittery effect while also being fingerprint resistant. Additionally, with the new Diamond Spectrum process, the Aurora also creates an “ever-changing” colour. It shines in a whole range of different colours like its name, the captivating Northern Lights, when looked at from different angles.
On the front of the phone is a 6.5-inch 3D curved display with 90Hz refresh rate and up to 180Hz touch sampling rate, to ensure a silky-smooth feel and comfortable viewing experience. The display is HDR10+certified for a more vivid and higher quality visual experience. The display is also paired with a 360-degree Light-Sensing enabled by two ambient light sensors to improve the accuracy of auto-brightness adjustments, making the viewing experience more comfortable. The display is also Netflix HD and Amazon Prime Video HD/HDR certified for viewing of high-quality visual content.
Aside from being visually stunning, Reno6 Pro 5G is also a delight to hold. Due to optimisation of the phone’s internal design and layout, it comes in a comfortable size of just 7.6mm thick with a weight of only 177g.
Feeling the Excitement of a Next-level Entertainment Experience
Reno6 Pro 5G features MediaTek’s latest flagship 5G-integrated SoC, the Dimensity 1200, with a super-powerful “Ultra Core” operating at up to 3GHz. Built on the 6nm process, the octa-core SoC offers enhanced performance and lower power consumption – increasing CPU performance by 22% while being 25% more power-efficient than previous models. The GPU performance also records an increase of 13% and the AI performance increased by 12.5% versus the previous generation.
It also comes with 12GB of RAM and 256GB ROM, together with OPPO’s self-developed RAM Expansion technology. Some of the available ROM storage can be turned into RAM space when the feature is turned on. Essentially, the original 12GB of RAM can be supplemented with an additional 3GB/5G/7GB of memory when needed, to ensure that the Reno6 Pro 5G runs smoothly even with multiple apps running at the same time.
To allow users to enjoy the experience of Reno6 Pro 5G for a longer period, the device also features a large 4500mAh battery and 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 which can achieve 100% charge in about 31 minutes.
Adding another layer of immersion, the Reno6 Pro 5G is also equipped with a top-of-the-line X-axis Linear Motor and 4D vibration for users to experience different feedback when using different weapons or defeating opponents during the mobile gameplay. Customised gaming features like Quick Startup and Game Focus Mode also help to blur the boundaries between the virtual world and the reality.
Operating with Ease on the User-friendly ColorOS 11.3
In addition to the superior portrait video features, stunning design, and flagship-level performance of the Reno6 Pro 5G, ColorOS 11.3 provides the foundation for an efficient, convenient, and relaxing experience for users.
To significantly improve productivity on Reno6 Pro 5G, System Booster – a set of system-level optimisations is designed to ensure a smooth experience throughout the entire phone lifecycle.Freeform Screenshots allows translation between over 100 languages on any selected screenshot area.Private System allows users to create two independent spaces in the phone with partitioned apps and data. With regards to data protection, the phone is also super secure with certification by third-party organisations including ePrivacy, ISO27001, and ISO27701.
Users are also given plenty of ways to enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle with the O Relax, a built-in app containing a suite of soothing sounds and casual games to help users relieve anxiety and find inner peace. The Artist Wallpaper Project – Envisioning Chemistry series of special wallpapers in the app also allow users to take a look at the beauty of science and offer a burst of inspiration whenever they look at their phone.
· Reno6 Pro 5G is available in Aurora and Stellar Black at a promotional price of $899 between 21 August to 19 September. Purchases made during this period will come with a free OPPO Band and a pair of OPPO Enco W51 earbuds (worth $258), while stocks last.
· Reno6 Pro 5G can be preordered between 21 to 27 August at OPPO’s Shopee flagship store and OPPO Concept stores.
· First sale of Reno6 Pro 5G will be available islandwide from 28 August to 19 September at OPPO Concept Stores, OPPO’s Shopee and Lazada Flagship Stores, M1, Singtel and StarHub as well as all authorised retailers.
· At a retail price of $949, phones purchased between the promotional period from 20 to 30 September can enjoy a free pair of OPPO Enco W51 earphones and OPPO band worth a total of $258, while stocks last.