Discover the gourmet wonders of Fukushima at this delightful event 1-30 November 2022 JAPAN RAIL CAFE, Guoco Tower #FukushimaFoodFair
JAPAN RAIL CAFE is thrilled to present a month-long ‘Fukushima Food Fair’ starting from 1 November 2022, which includes a free tasting event of top-notch fish and sake from 2 to 8 November 2022 that welcomes all to have a taste of the best that Fukushima has to offer. This event is supported by the METI Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan.
Partake in the convivial, interactive and welcoming food fair that will be held within the JAPAN RAIL CAFE’s cosy dining space. To add to the energetic atmosphere, supplier representatives will be present on 2 and 3 November 2022 to share more about their outstanding products! The third largest prefecture in Japan, Fukushima is a treasure trove of produce and sake. Singapore began importing products from Fukushima again since 2021, signifying renewed confidence since the 2011 tsunami.
FREE TASTING EVENT
2 to 8 November 2022, 2pm to 7pm
Fukushima Joban-mono Seafood
The coastal area of Fukushima is well-known as an abundant fishing ground, where the cold Oyashio and warm Kuroshio currents meet. The bountiful ‘Joban-mono’ seafood that can only be found in this area is famed for excellent quality and flavour. Sample a range of exceptional fish that are imported directly from Iwaki Gyorui. Co, Ltd. – mackerel, whitefish and monkfish.
This wholesaler of marine products for over 45 years with customers based throughout Japan, mainly in the Tohoku and Kanto regions, is helmed by President Suzuki Kenji (right) who strives to bring quality seafood to the world. Select products are already available in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Hong Kong.
Salted Grilled Mackerel
● First soaked in salt water and dehydrated for aconcentrated flavour.
● Prior to serving, fattier mackerels are deboned to make enjoyment easier!
● A premium fish and specialty of the Ukedo Fishing Port that is only harvested in the winter, and often served in sushi.
● The fish is first boiled to remove any natural bitterness, then dehydrated for a more intense flavour.
● A superior fish that is caught in the deep sea off the Fukushima coast.
● Skinned and deboned, the tail is deep-fried to achieve a crispy exterior and juicy flesh.
Fukushima is also home to remarkable sake breweries, such as Yamatogawa Shuzouten and Toyokuni Brewery – the former is known for its deep-flavoured sake.
Yamatogawa Shuzouten is a prestigious and multiple award-winning sake brewery that aims to create a one-of-a-kind sake using rice, water, technology and in the future, energy, sourced locally from Kitakata, a city located in Fukushima. President Satou Masakazu recommends enjoying the brewery’s sake on its own, but also with dishes that use soy sauce or miso.
Junmai Dry YAUEMON
● 2022 Best Gold Award Winning Sake in the Hot Sake Contest.
● Produced using 100% rice that is grown in-house.
● A versatile sake with a soft mouthfeel and refreshing aftertaste that makes it the perfect pairing with any dish.
● Its taste remains equally amazing whether consumed cold, hot, or at roomtemperature!
● Another noteworthy sake that is produced using the traditional kimoto method.
● This methodical cultivation of natural lactic acid bacteria and yeast gives the sake a tangy and fruity that spreads lightly in the mouth.
DISCOVER MORE FUKUSHIMA TREASURES
1 to 30 November 2022
Bring home Fukushima products that are exclusive to JAPAN RAIL CAFE, including Aizu Tenpo yuzu miso and spicy miso; Horaiya amazake (fermented rice drink); and Hanaharu sake brewery’s Yume no Kanade Junmai Daiginjo.
A panel exhibition introducing the charms of Fukushima will also be ongoing throughout the month of November – daily from 11am to 7pm, where one and all can discover more about Fukushima’s beauty and gain travel inspiration!
JAPAN RAIL CAFE – Guoco Tower, 5 Wallich Street, #01-20 Singapore 078883
You may also like
THE CLAN HOTEL TURNS TWO: DOUBLE THE CELEBRATION PACKAGE
ONE KAMPONG GELAM PRESENTS RAIKAN CAHAYA RAMADAN: A THIRTY-THREE-DAY CELEBRATION OF LIGHTS AND COMMUNITY
NEW AMPHITHEATRE FOR SINGAPORE’S NIGHT SAFARI AND A REVAMPED CREATURES OF THE NIGHT ANIMAL PRESENTATION
Escape Into A Magical World With X-SCAP8 This Christmas
MARTELL X AMOS ANANDA: The First-Ever Collaboration With Singaporean Fashion Designer