12 November 2012, Singapore – Monday, and we are all dragging ourselves to work. Do you remember what you dream about hours ago? Lets start the week with something interesting. When your head hits the pillow, for many it’s lights out for the conscious part of you. But scientists are able to probe deeper into our minds, some of the findings are pretty interesting.
1) Have you noticed that we see only familiar faces in our dreams. You will not see a single person in the dream who is unfamiliar. Upon further investigation, you may dream of a face that consist of 2 person you already know.
2) Drug withdrawal can cause more intense dreams. People who also quit alcohol and smoking experience more vivid dreams or nightmare.
3) Men get erections in their REM sleep and women have an increased blood flow to their vaginas. Sleep early tonight folks.
4) It’s impossible to dream when you’re snoring.
5) Every human being dreams except for those who are suffering from serious mental disorders. You cannot say that you don’t dream, You just forgets almost 90% of the dreams within 10 minutes of awakening.
6) While dreaming, not only you can have sex with your partner, you can also experience a strong orgasm like you have in your real life.
7) Humans tend to have around 3 to 7 dreams a night. We dream around 2 to 3 hours in a whole night.
8) Our brains tend to be way more active when we sleep, than when we’re awake.
9) If a dreamer is awakened directly from REM sleep, he or she is more likely to remember the dream than if awoken during another stage of sleep or after a complete night’s sleep.
10) Violent dreams can be a warning sign, a rare sleep disorder — called REM sleep behavior disorder — causes people to act out their dreams, sometimes with violent thrashes, kicks and screams. Such violent dreams may be an early sign of brain disorders down the line, including Parkinson’s disease and dementia.