16 November 2012, Singapore – If you had always wanted a Bluetooth® speakerphone for your car, the new Jabra TOUR might be the one you should get. Especially iPhone/Android users.
Launching at SITEX show on 22nd November, the Jabra TOUR features a powerful 40 mm 3-Watt speaker which promises to deliver rich and clear sound on calls, multimedia and music. The cutting edge HD Voice Technology and HD Voice Microphone with enhanced noise cancelation assures calls as clear as face-to-face conversation, leaving out the dreadful “speaker-phone” quality. This is one feature that I am excited about. The most common reason on why people hardly use speakerphones is because of the inferior sound quality.
Smartphone users have even more reason to consider this device. The Jabra TOUR comes with a Voice Command button which provides direct access to the phone functions and activates Siri or Android voice engine on the smartphone. The ability to access Siri and Android voice engine directly from the Jabra TOUR is really attractive for iPhone and Android phone users. Siri and Android voice engine by itself brings a lot more functions trough voice command. If you are non-iPhone/Android user however, there are still several default voice commands that you can use.
The Jabra TOUR is delightfully slim, which clips easily to the sun visor. It comes with smart motion sensor system, it automatically turns on and off when thus eliminating unnecessary battery rundown when not in use. It has the cool Advanced Multiuse™ Technology, which allows users to connect up to two devices simultaneously. In addition, when the Jabra TOUR is not in use, it can be used to stream music or GPS directions trough your smart phone.
Key features of the Jabra TOUR™ in-car speakerphone:
- Powerful 3-watt speaker for excellent sound
- HD Voice Microphone* – optimized for superior sound and speech quality
- A2DP Wireless Streaming – for playback of music, podcasts and directions from GPS applications
- Advanced Multiuse™ Technology – allows users to connect up to two devices simultaneously
- Up to 20 hours talk time and up to 45 days of standby time
- 2 Chargers – a Micro-USB cable for charging via a PC and a universal car charger that fits into the car lighter
- Bluetooth 3.0 Technology – including EDR, eSCO, A2DP and PBAP
- Weighs 135 grams
- Dimensions – 102.3 mm x 82.7 mm x 32.6 mm
*Device and network dependent
Where to get it and how much?
Launching in Singapore at SITEX Show 2012 from 22 – 25 November at S$148, every purchase of the Jabra Tour comes with a special SITEX show gift and a chance at the Jabra Wheel of Fortune. Up to S$2,500 worth of prizes are be won daily at Singapore EXPO, booth 6E20.
Post-SITEX, the Jabra TOUR (S$148) retails at Apple premium resellers: Epicentre, Nubox, selected Challenger stores and other authorised Jabra resellers.