23 October 2013, Singapore -The Sony SmartWatch 2 SW2 is the world’s first water-resistant smartwatch with NFC connectivity offers new and unique benefits serving as a multi-functional watch, notifier, Android app interface and phone remote control.
The Sony SmartWatch 2 (SW2) comes with over 100 Android apps and boasts a battery life that’s unmatched by any other smartwatch in the market – up to 3-4 days of ‘typical usage’ on a single charge.
Sony SmartWatch 2 retails with a black metallic strap at RRP S$338, or at RRP S$288 with a black silicone strap. Strap options in black or brown leather and silicon in various colours are available. Even more versatile and offering greater choice, SW2 straps are interchangeable with any standard 24mm wristband to suit different individual preferences and customisation. With SW2, gentle vibrations that alert users to each call, message or notification, users won’t miss any notifications.
Sony SmartWatch 2 is available at selected Sony stores, Tech@Vogue, Challenger, Gadget World, Newstead Technologies and other authorised resellers.
Using the latest version of Smart Connect on your Android phone, download a host of SmartWatch apps to experience a range of unique functions:
· Answer or reject calls with a simple touch to the wrist
· SW 2 gently vibrates whenever a call, message or notification comes in
· Use the SW 2 as a remote to take photos via the Smart Camera app or control presentation slides via Presentation Pal
· Need directions? Select a mapping app to see up to date navigations with a quick glance at the wrist
· Adjust tracks and volume of music playing on the phone easily
· Track fitness activities on the go with fitness apps like Runtastic
· When not connected to a phone device, SW 2 acts as a stylish stand-alone watch with a choice of themes and watch faces
· Read previously downloaded e-mails, messages and notifications when not connected to the phone.
“Sony is the proud leader in the smartwatch market since introducing our first Bluetooth watch in 2007,” says Stefan K Persson, Head of Companion Products at Sony Mobile Communications. “Competitors are only now launching first generation devices, while we are already launching a 3rd generation device with all the insight gained from over half a million customers combined with Sony’s wealth of technology expertise to create the best ever smartwatch experience. “
“The future of wearable devices is incredibly bright with analyst research predicting 41 million ‘smart’ watches will be sold by 2016,” continues Persson. “We are continuing to work with our strong developer network to deliver even more compelling smartwatch experiences.”
Key Features of the SmartWatch 2
· Size: 41.6mm x 41.1 mm x 9 mm
· Weight: Main Unit: 23.5g
Main Unit with silicon strap: 48.4g
Main Unit with metal strap: 122.5g
· Transflective LCD screen (sunlight readable)
· Long battery life of up to 5-6 days
· Dust & Splash-resistant (IP57)
· Easy setup via Bluetooth 3.0 and NFC technology
· Standalone watch functionality
· Standard micro USB cable for charging
· Screen Size & Pixel Resolution: 1.6 inch (220 x 176 pixels)
· High quality aluminium body and stainless steel, leather or rubber wristband
· Extended compatibility (works with Android 4.0 and higher)
· SmartWatch/Smartphone interaction at up to 10 metres
· Swappable wristbands – personalise with any standard 24mm strap
· Ready to go Apps include – Call handling (answer, reject, mute, volume handling), Call log, Missed call notification, SMS/MMS , Email, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Music remote extension/music handling, Calendar, Weather, Runtastic, Viewfinder