We spent a week with the brand new Google Pixel 2 XL. We believe Google’s focus on AI and software that integrates with hardware is the future of mobile devices. I may get flamed for this but, you will prefer this phone IF you are smarter than the average user and a firm believer in performance.
Which phone in Singapore speaks Singlish? The ease of speaking to Google Assistant in Singlish is perfect for the closet Ah Beng. Google Assistant will now be available for local Singaporean accent, improving voice recognition and providing locally relevant information to users. Pixel 2 XL users will have access to the Assistant in Singaporean English starting 15 November when the phone goes on sale. It’ll also come to Android phones 6.0+ (Marshmallow and above) over the next couple of weeks and to iPhone devices soon as well.
Google offers a unified experience similar to that of Apple’s iPhone. Pixel users get access to the latest versions of Android before anyone else along with important security updates. If you live in the Google ecosystem, the Pixel 2 XL is ideal works seamlessly with your Google Calendar, Drive, Mail, Keep, Docs and others applications.
Let’s look at the top 10 reasons why we love Google Pixel 2 XL
1. Fresh, sleek, bold.
An evolution of last year’s design for a fresh, confident and even bolder looking Pixel that feels great in your hands.
● The signature glass-aluminium design is back, with an elegantly crafted glass shade made of 3D Gorilla Glass 5.
● The fastest fingerprint sensor1 on a smartphone, right where your finger expects it.
● A 6” fullscreen in Black & White and Just Black.
2. World’s highest-rated smartphone camera
The highest-rated smartphone camera ever, with a DxOMark Mobile score of 982.
● Brilliant photos and standout videos in any light.
● All new Portrait mode for crisp, beautiful portraits and selfies with a gorgeous background blur. Works on people, and objects.
● Incredible video stabilisation thanks to a powerful
combination of both optical and electronic image stabilisation.
3. Unlimited storage for all your memories.
Free, unlimited storage3 for all your photos and videos in Google Photos.
● Never look at a ‘storage full’ notification again.
● With Google Photos baked directly into your
camera, it’s easy to save, organize, find and share any photo or video.
● No more endless scrolling to find an old photo.
Just enter a location, a person’s name or even an emoji and quickly find what you’re looking for.
4. Have fun with your photos and videos.
Take photos and videos with interactive AR stickers built right into your Pixel 2 camera (coming soon).
● Add your favourite characters to your photos and videos.
● Express yourself with playful emojis.
● Set the scene for your very own stories.
5. Long-lasting, fast-charging battery.
A battery that lasts as long as you do, and charges super fast.
● With a full charge, your Pixel lasts all day.
● Get up to 7 hours of battery from 15 minutes of charge4.
6. Search what you see with Google Lens
Pixel users are the first to try Google Lens5 in Google Photos (and the Google Assistant in the coming weeks). Lens is a new set of visual smarts that help you learn about the world around you and get things done.
● Learn more about landmarks, artwork, books, films, music albums, and video games
● Copy and share URLs from posters
● Save phone numbers and email addresses right to your contacts
7. Your own personal Google, built-in: the Google Assistant.
Your Google Assistant is the easiest and fastest way to find answers and get things done on your Pixel.
● To access your Google Assistant, just squeeze the sides of your phone, say “Ok Google” or long press the Home button.
● The Google Assistant brings together everything you love about Google, including Calendar, Gmail, Search, Photos, Maps and more. Say “Ok Google, tell me about my day” and you’ll hear a helpful summary about your day: what’s the weather, how long your commute will take, when your first meetings starts and more.
● Use your preferred music service to listen to songs. Just say, “Ok Google, play ‘Want You Back’ in Spotify”.
● Spend less time digging through apps on your phone, just say “Ok Google, take a selfie”, “Ok Google, what’s my day looking like” or “Ok Google, text Sara saying I’m going to be 5 minutes late” and your Assistant will make it happen.
● And the best thing? Your Google Assistant will be available in Singaporean English later this year.
8. Big entertainment wherever you go.
A new standard for audio performance, and a brilliant viewing experience.
● A razor-sharp fullscreen pOLED display on the Pixel 2 XL with curved glass for a crystal clear viewing experience.
● Dual front-facing stereo speakers give you crystal clear sound, even at the loudest levels.
● Now Playing surfaces song and artist info for music playing around you, right on your lock screen.
● Higher quality digital audio through your headphones with the new USB-C port.
9. Make the switch.
It’s easier than ever to switch to Pixel.
● Transfer your stuff from your old phone in 10
minutes or less6 — photos, videos, music, contacts
10. Better together.
Made to work seamlessly with your Google devices.
● Get real-time language translations delivered
right to your ear with Pixel and your Google Pixel
● Pairing your supported Bluetooth devices is
easier than ever with Fast Pair – your phone will automatically detect your Pixel Buds and ask you if you want to connect. Just tap connect on the notification that pops up on your phone and you’re ready to get started., calendar events, apps, messages and more.
● Your Pixel Care team is always there when you need them by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What are you waiting for? Head to your nearest Singtel shop to get your Google Pixel 2 XL!