2 October 2013, Singapore – After breaking 2 earphones at the gym when it tangled with the weights, this review set from Jabra was god sent. The Jabra Sport Wireless+ was announced with some improvements over the previous version. We have been out and about at the gym and running without the hassle of tangled wires.
The Jabra Sport Wireless+ earphones are protected against rain, shock and dust along with a battery life of up to four hours. So you sweaty ears and heads can run in light drizzle and still not worry about your expensive earphones. The built in FM radio and Bluetoon 3.0 connectivity adds the icing to the cake. However, the FM radio isn’t exactly feasible when you are on the MRT. That aside, you should be running or cycling instead of taking the train!
The sound quality is pretty decent although the high pitches come off a bit scratchy if you turned it on a little too loud. If you keep the volume at a normal listening level, the music is well balanced, and definitely sufficient for any audiophiles.
The wireless earbuds can be paired with two devices at the same time! We let the earphones run for the entire day, and we were able to milk over 4 hours for a full charge. To recharge the device, just plug a micro-USB cable into a slot that you can open on one of the earbuds.
Key Features and Specifications of the Jabra Sport Wireless+
· Wireless freedom through Bluetooth 3.0 technology with answer/end call, three way dialing, last number redial, volume up/down, and skip track functionality
· Optimised comfort made for sports and an active lifestyle
· Military Grade Rain, Dust and Shock protection, IP54
· Integrated FM receiver with auto-search so you can listen to your favourite radio stations and channel storage
· AM3D Power Bass for an enhanced music experience
· Exclusive features when used with Endomondo Sports Tracker (3 months free subscription)
· Instant feedback: get your Endomondo workout status read aloud through your headset
· Workout control: pause your Endomondo workout at the press of a button
· 7 different pairs of Ultimate Comfort Eargels for optimal, personal fit;
· Up to 4.5 hours of talk time and 5 days of standby time
· Advanced Multiuse, pairs with up to 8 devices; two active connections at a time
· Size (LWH): 63.5 mm, 12.3 mm, 43.2 mm; Weight: 25 g
· Available in standard and Made for iPhone , iPad, and iPod Touch versions
Jabra Sport Wireless+ is available in Singapore for RRP $148 at EpiCentre, Infinite, iStudio, Nubox, selected Challenger stores, Gadget World, Tech@Vogue and other authorised Jabra resellers.